Nebraska man has sued Walmart for allegedly causing his wife's death by overfilling her shopping bag. William Freis says the cashier put two 42-ounce cans of La Choy and a 2-pound bag of rice in a plastic bag, which ripped open as his wife, Lynette, was carrying it. A falling La Choy can made a cut in her toe, which the lawsuit says became infected and "ultimately resulted in her death" 11 months later. Freis says Walmart should have taught workers to double-bag.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How Captain America won over China
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week