Nebraska man has sued Walmart for allegedly causing his wife's death by overfilling her shopping bag. William Freis says the cashier put two 42-ounce cans of La Choy and a 2-pound bag of rice in a plastic bag, which ripped open as his wife, Lynette, was carrying it. A falling La Choy can made a cut in her toe, which the lawsuit says became infected and "ultimately resulted in her death" 11 months later. Freis says Walmart should have taught workers to double-bag.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week