Nebraska man has sued Walmart for allegedly causing his wife's death by overfilling her shopping bag. William Freis says the cashier put two 42-ounce cans of La Choy and a 2-pound bag of rice in a plastic bag, which ripped open as his wife, Lynette, was carrying it. A falling La Choy can made a cut in her toe, which the lawsuit says became infected and "ultimately resulted in her death" 11 months later. Freis says Walmart should have taught workers to double-bag.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- The wrongheaded law that's making your food less safe
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
Subscribe to the Week