When a video appeared online this spring showing golf champion Bubba Watson driving the Golf Cart Hovercraft ($58,000), many viewers assumed it was an April Fools' Day gag. But Watson's go-anywhere buggy is real, it's "about the whiz-bangiest gadget ever to traverse a golf course," and it's now available to any duffer with the winnings to bring it home, says SB Nation. The four-seat craft, which "skims across water and sand" and leaves no trace when it crosses a putting surface, "leaves everyday ride-in golf conveyances in the dust."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week