hen a video appeared online this spring showing golf champion Bubba Watson driving the Golf Cart Hovercraft ($58,000), many viewers assumed it was an April Fools' Day gag. But Watson's go-anywhere buggy is real, it's "about the whiz-bangiest gadget ever to traverse a golf course," and it's now available to any duffer with the winnings to bring it home, says SB Nation. The four-seat craft, which "skims across water and sand" and leaves no trace when it crosses a putting surface, "leaves everyday ride-in golf conveyances in the dust."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week