hen a video appeared online this spring showing golf champion Bubba Watson driving the Golf Cart Hovercraft ($58,000), many viewers assumed it was an April Fools' Day gag. But Watson's go-anywhere buggy is real, it's "about the whiz-bangiest gadget ever to traverse a golf course," and it's now available to any duffer with the winnings to bring it home, says SB Nation. The four-seat craft, which "skims across water and sand" and leaves no trace when it crosses a putting surface, "leaves everyday ride-in golf conveyances in the dust."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week