When a video appeared online this spring showing golf champion Bubba Watson driving the Golf Cart Hovercraft ($58,000), many viewers assumed it was an April Fools' Day gag. But Watson's go-anywhere buggy is real, it's "about the whiz-bangiest gadget ever to traverse a golf course," and it's now available to any duffer with the winnings to bring it home, says SB Nation. The four-seat craft, which "skims across water and sand" and leaves no trace when it crosses a putting surface, "leaves everyday ride-in golf conveyances in the dust."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week