Members of the media elite are securing domain names, Gmail addresses, and Twitter handles for their newborn children, and even tweeting in their kids' names. "It's important to have your dot-com for your entire life. It's part of your brand," said ABC News correspondent Darren Rovell. "I would argue that in some sense you become a brand the second you're born."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
Subscribe to the Week