Members of the media elite are securing domain names, Gmail addresses, and Twitter handles for their newborn children, and even tweeting in their kids' names. "It's important to have your dot-com for your entire life. It's part of your brand," said ABC News correspondent Darren Rovell. "I would argue that in some sense you become a brand the second you're born."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week