olorado officials have installed "interactive urinal cakes" in about 15 bars that remind peeing men not to drive drunk. The cakes detect whether the man can keep a constant stream of urine on the cake, and rate his inebriation from "tipsy" to "uh... where are your pants?" Officials say they believe the "new education campaign" has cut down on both DUI arrests and fatalities.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
Subscribe to the Week