Colorado officials have installed "interactive urinal cakes" in about 15 bars that remind peeing men not to drive drunk. The cakes detect whether the man can keep a constant stream of urine on the cake, and rate his inebriation from "tipsy" to "uh... where are your pants?" Officials say they believe the "new education campaign" has cut down on both DUI arrests and fatalities.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
When Americans banned Christmas
Subscribe to the Week