Colorado officials have installed "interactive urinal cakes" in about 15 bars that remind peeing men not to drive drunk. The cakes detect whether the man can keep a constant stream of urine on the cake, and rate his inebriation from "tipsy" to "uh... where are your pants?" Officials say they believe the "new education campaign" has cut down on both DUI arrests and fatalities.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week