Colorado officials have installed "interactive urinal cakes" in about 15 bars that remind peeing men not to drive drunk. The cakes detect whether the man can keep a constant stream of urine on the cake, and rate his inebriation from "tipsy" to "uh... where are your pants?" Officials say they believe the "new education campaign" has cut down on both DUI arrests and fatalities.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
Subscribe to the Week