Colorado officials have installed "interactive urinal cakes" in about 15 bars that remind peeing men not to drive drunk. The cakes detect whether the man can keep a constant stream of urine on the cake, and rate his inebriation from "tipsy" to "uh... where are your pants?" Officials say they believe the "new education campaign" has cut down on both DUI arrests and fatalities.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week