A Rhode Island man is suing his local church, claiming that its ringing bells ruined his marriage. John Devaney says the gonging of St. Thomas More Catholic Parish's bells 700 times a week put him in a bad mood and led to arguments with his wife. Devaney wants the bell-ringing reduced, but church officials say they will fight his "personal, inappropriate attacks."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week