Rhode Island man is suing his local church, claiming that its ringing bells ruined his marriage. John Devaney says the gonging of St. Thomas More Catholic Parish's bells 700 times a week put him in a bad mood and led to arguments with his wife. Devaney wants the bell-ringing reduced, but church officials say they will fight his "personal, inappropriate attacks."
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
Subscribe to the Week