Rhode Island man is suing his local church, claiming that its ringing bells ruined his marriage. John Devaney says the gonging of St. Thomas More Catholic Parish's bells 700 times a week put him in a bad mood and led to arguments with his wife. Devaney wants the bell-ringing reduced, but church officials say they will fight his "personal, inappropriate attacks."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- SNL tackles Vladimir Putin's Ukraine invasion, politically and personally
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week