A Rhode Island man is suing his local church, claiming that its ringing bells ruined his marriage. John Devaney says the gonging of St. Thomas More Catholic Parish's bells 700 times a week put him in a bad mood and led to arguments with his wife. Devaney wants the bell-ringing reduced, but church officials say they will fight his "personal, inappropriate attacks."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week