he Coravin 1000 ($299) removes wine from a bottle without ever opening it. "No, this is not magic or osmosis at work," says Brian Krepshaw at CNET. The Coravin's secret weapon is a long, hollow needle that's inserted through the cork and allows wine to be poured without exposing the rest of the bottle's precious contents to oxidation. The needle pumps in argon — a harmless, tasteless gas — creating pressure that forces the wine up the needle and into the waiting glass. Remove the needle, and the cork "naturally heals itself," preserving the remaining wine indefinitely.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The U.S. auto bailout is officially over. Here's what America lost and gained.
- 13 countries where gay marriage is legal [Updated]
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 9 negative effects divorce reportedly has on children
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week