fter finding a backpack filled with cash and travelers checks worth more than $40,000, Boston resident Glen James brought the money to the Boston Police. James, who is homeless, quickly became the talk of the nation simply for doing what was right. Ethan Whittington, a Virginia resident, was moved by the story and started a GoFundMe page, hoping to raise a few hundred dollars to thank James. Within 24 hours, thousands of people had donated more than $70,000, which Whittington plans to give to James so he can buy a house.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The secrets of happy families
- The last racial taboo
Subscribe to the Week