After finding a backpack filled with cash and travelers checks worth more than $40,000, Boston resident Glen James brought the money to the Boston Police. James, who is homeless, quickly became the talk of the nation simply for doing what was right. Ethan Whittington, a Virginia resident, was moved by the story and started a GoFundMe page, hoping to raise a few hundred dollars to thank James. Within 24 hours, thousands of people had donated more than $70,000, which Whittington plans to give to James so he can buy a house.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- California's epic drought
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week