A Michigan university removed its landmark pendulum statue due to "safety issues" after the administration discovered that students were swinging on it to parody Miley Cyrus' infamous "Wrecking Ball" music video. Students at Grand Valley State University protested the ban by congregating and chanting, "Wrecking balll!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
Subscribe to the Week