A Michigan university removed its landmark pendulum statue due to "safety issues" after the administration discovered that students were swinging on it to parody Miley Cyrus' infamous "Wrecking Ball" music video. Students at Grand Valley State University protested the ban by congregating and chanting, "Wrecking balll!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week