A Michigan university removed its landmark pendulum statue due to "safety issues" after the administration discovered that students were swinging on it to parody Miley Cyrus' infamous "Wrecking Ball" music video. Students at Grand Valley State University protested the ban by congregating and chanting, "Wrecking balll!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
Subscribe to the Week