Michigan university removed its landmark pendulum statue due to "safety issues" after the administration discovered that students were swinging on it to parody Miley Cyrus' infamous "Wrecking Ball" music video. Students at Grand Valley State University protested the ban by congregating and chanting, "Wrecking balll!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
Subscribe to the Week