A Tennessee high school canceled a field trip to a mosque and a Hindu temple after a parent complained that the world religions class was promoting "Islamic tolerance." Parent Mike Conner said that since Hendersonville High School hadn't visited Christian churches, it was clear they were "pushing" Islam. "We didn’t want to make this about religion — they forced us to," Conner said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week