A Tennessee high school canceled a field trip to a mosque and a Hindu temple after a parent complained that the world religions class was promoting "Islamic tolerance." Parent Mike Conner said that since Hendersonville High School hadn't visited Christian churches, it was clear they were "pushing" Islam. "We didn’t want to make this about religion — they forced us to," Conner said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- The next pandemic
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week