A Tennessee high school canceled a field trip to a mosque and a Hindu temple after a parent complained that the world religions class was promoting "Islamic tolerance." Parent Mike Conner said that since Hendersonville High School hadn't visited Christian churches, it was clear they were "pushing" Islam. "We didn’t want to make this about religion — they forced us to," Conner said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week