Tennessee high school canceled a field trip to a mosque and a Hindu temple after a parent complained that the world religions class was promoting "Islamic tolerance." Parent Mike Conner said that since Hendersonville High School hadn't visited Christian churches, it was clear they were "pushing" Islam. "We didn’t want to make this about religion — they forced us to," Conner said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week