A Tennessee high school canceled a field trip to a mosque and a Hindu temple after a parent complained that the world religions class was promoting "Islamic tolerance." Parent Mike Conner said that since Hendersonville High School hadn't visited Christian churches, it was clear they were "pushing" Islam. "We didn’t want to make this about religion — they forced us to," Conner said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week