A California college stopped a student from handing out copies of the U.S. Constitution on campus on Constitution Day. Modesto Junior College officials told Robert Van Tuinen that he needed to reserve a tiny "free speech zone" days in advance. Van Tuinen said he can't believe he needs a permit for "something as basic as handing out the Constitution."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week