A Pennsylvania pastor is facing a church trial for officiating his gay son's wedding. Although the Zion United Methodist Church's book of laws opposes gay marriage, Rev. Frank Schaefer says all people, including his son, are precious to God. Rev. Schaefer could lose his ordination credentials if the jury decides that he broke the rules of the Methodist church.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
Subscribe to the Week