Pennsylvania pastor is facing a church trial for officiating his gay son's wedding. Although the Zion United Methodist Church's book of laws opposes gay marriage, Rev. Frank Schaefer says all people, including his son, are precious to God. Rev. Schaefer could lose his ordination credentials if the jury decides that he broke the rules of the Methodist church.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- The end of academic freedom?
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week