A Pennsylvania pastor is facing a church trial for officiating his gay son's wedding. Although the Zion United Methodist Church's book of laws opposes gay marriage, Rev. Frank Schaefer says all people, including his son, are precious to God. Rev. Schaefer could lose his ordination credentials if the jury decides that he broke the rules of the Methodist church.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week