Pennsylvania pastor is facing a church trial for officiating his gay son's wedding. Although the Zion United Methodist Church's book of laws opposes gay marriage, Rev. Frank Schaefer says all people, including his son, are precious to God. Rev. Schaefer could lose his ordination credentials if the jury decides that he broke the rules of the Methodist church.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- SNL tackles Vladimir Putin's Ukraine invasion, politically and personally
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week