Goodwill employee was charged with theft and jailed for giving discounts to the store's neediest patrons. Andrew Anderson admits he let people with "$2 or $3 max" buy clothes at discount at a Florida outlet because Goodwill "is a giving and helping company." Goodwill disagrees. "Our stores are not around to give a handout," a spokesperson said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week