A Goodwill employee was charged with theft and jailed for giving discounts to the store's neediest patrons. Andrew Anderson admits he let people with "$2 or $3 max" buy clothes at discount at a Florida outlet because Goodwill "is a giving and helping company." Goodwill disagrees. "Our stores are not around to give a handout," a spokesperson said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week