A Goodwill employee was charged with theft and jailed for giving discounts to the store's neediest patrons. Andrew Anderson admits he let people with "$2 or $3 max" buy clothes at discount at a Florida outlet because Goodwill "is a giving and helping company." Goodwill disagrees. "Our stores are not around to give a handout," a spokesperson said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
Subscribe to the Week