A Goodwill employee was charged with theft and jailed for giving discounts to the store's neediest patrons. Andrew Anderson admits he let people with "$2 or $3 max" buy clothes at discount at a Florida outlet because Goodwill "is a giving and helping company." Goodwill disagrees. "Our stores are not around to give a handout," a spokesperson said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Are there too many good shows on television?
Subscribe to the Week