A Goodwill employee was charged with theft and jailed for giving discounts to the store's neediest patrons. Andrew Anderson admits he let people with "$2 or $3 max" buy clothes at discount at a Florida outlet because Goodwill "is a giving and helping company." Goodwill disagrees. "Our stores are not around to give a handout," a spokesperson said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week