Your smartphone just became a much better camera. The Sony DSC-QX100 ($500) clips onto most phones and uses the touchscreen as a live display. But it has the same lens as "one of the best compact cameras on the market," so the images it produces are "brighter and more balanced," says Michael Hsu at The Wall Street Journal. The QX100 (and its $250 sibling, the QX10) work even when the phone is across the room, in the hands of the shooter. Clearly, "the selfie will never be the same," Hsu says.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
Subscribe to the Week