theists and creationists have been in a billboard battle on the streets of New York City. An atheist billboard recently posted in Times Square bears a photo of former Saturday Night Live cast member Julia Sweeney and the words, "OMG, there is no god!" Creationists responded with a video billboard, also in Times Square, that says, "To all of our atheist friends: THANK GOD YOU'RE WRONG." And with that riposte, the centuries-long contest between believers and non-believers remains a draw.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- What Pope John Paul II could have learned from Sinead O'Connor
Subscribe to the Week