Atheists and creationists have been in a billboard battle on the streets of New York City. An atheist billboard recently posted in Times Square bears a photo of former Saturday Night Live cast member Julia Sweeney and the words, "OMG, there is no god!" Creationists responded with a video billboard, also in Times Square, that says, "To all of our atheist friends: THANK GOD YOU'RE WRONG." And with that riposte, the centuries-long contest between believers and non-believers remains a draw.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
Subscribe to the Week