theists and creationists have been in a billboard battle on the streets of New York City. An atheist billboard recently posted in Times Square bears a photo of former Saturday Night Live cast member Julia Sweeney and the words, "OMG, there is no god!" Creationists responded with a video billboard, also in Times Square, that says, "To all of our atheist friends: THANK GOD YOU'RE WRONG." And with that riposte, the centuries-long contest between believers and non-believers remains a draw.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week