Atheists and creationists have been in a billboard battle on the streets of New York City. An atheist billboard recently posted in Times Square bears a photo of former Saturday Night Live cast member Julia Sweeney and the words, "OMG, there is no god!" Creationists responded with a video billboard, also in Times Square, that says, "To all of our atheist friends: THANK GOD YOU'RE WRONG." And with that riposte, the centuries-long contest between believers and non-believers remains a draw.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week