An Oklahoma man's gruesome Halloween decorations, which include a fake dead body in his driveway, have prompted complaints from neighbors and even a 911 call. Johnnie Mullins says he was "just trying to scare people," but neighbors say the dead body, which appears to be crushed by Mullins' bloodied garage door, crosses the line. "If I think it's real, just think of what a child would think," said one parent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week