An Oklahoma man's gruesome Halloween decorations, which include a fake dead body in his driveway, have prompted complaints from neighbors and even a 911 call. Johnnie Mullins says he was "just trying to scare people," but neighbors say the dead body, which appears to be crushed by Mullins' bloodied garage door, crosses the line. "If I think it's real, just think of what a child would think," said one parent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
Subscribe to the Week