An Oklahoma man's gruesome Halloween decorations, which include a fake dead body in his driveway, have prompted complaints from neighbors and even a 911 call. Johnnie Mullins says he was "just trying to scare people," but neighbors say the dead body, which appears to be crushed by Mullins' bloodied garage door, crosses the line. "If I think it's real, just think of what a child would think," said one parent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week