A Brooklyn man is suing the NYPD after he was arrested for possession of six Jolly Rancher candies that cops assumed were rocks of crystal meth. Love Olatunjiojo, 25, wants compensation for false imprisonment. "I don't know if these cops have been watching Breaking Bad, but my client is not Walter White," said his lawyer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The dangers of our passionless American life
Subscribe to the Week