A Brooklyn man is suing the NYPD after he was arrested for possession of six Jolly Rancher candies that cops assumed were rocks of crystal meth. Love Olatunjiojo, 25, wants compensation for false imprisonment. "I don't know if these cops have been watching Breaking Bad, but my client is not Walter White," said his lawyer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week