A Brooklyn man is suing the NYPD after he was arrested for possession of six Jolly Rancher candies that cops assumed were rocks of crystal meth. Love Olatunjiojo, 25, wants compensation for false imprisonment. "I don't know if these cops have been watching Breaking Bad, but my client is not Walter White," said his lawyer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The best books we read in 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
Subscribe to the Week