A Maryland high school is requiring students attending its homecoming dance to have their parents sign "dance contracts" prohibiting dance moves like twerking and grinding. A spokesperson for Annapolis High School said the contract was necessary given the current dance trends. "It's no secret that the styles of dancing are different than they were five or 10 years ago," he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Why is Obama still smoking?
- Imagine: The Democratic States of America
Subscribe to the Week