A Maryland high school is requiring students attending its homecoming dance to have their parents sign "dance contracts" prohibiting dance moves like twerking and grinding. A spokesperson for Annapolis High School said the contract was necessary given the current dance trends. "It's no secret that the styles of dancing are different than they were five or 10 years ago," he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- What if The Purge was real?
Subscribe to the Week