A Maryland high school is requiring students attending its homecoming dance to have their parents sign "dance contracts" prohibiting dance moves like twerking and grinding. A spokesperson for Annapolis High School said the contract was necessary given the current dance trends. "It's no secret that the styles of dancing are different than they were five or 10 years ago," he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Confessions of a hotel insider
- Surviving a plane crash
- Stop freaking out over the West's jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week