eventy-five students at a Maryland high school were suspended for wearing pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Friendly High School's principal had cancelled the school's annual "Pink Out," saying the event violated the school's uniform policy and would cause security concerns, but students wore pink anyway. "It wasn't a riot," said one student. "It was for a cause… we were just paying reverence."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The end of academic freedom?
- Mitt Romney, 2016 frontrunner*
Subscribe to the Week