eventy-five students at a Maryland high school were suspended for wearing pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Friendly High School's principal had cancelled the school's annual "Pink Out," saying the event violated the school's uniform policy and would cause security concerns, but students wore pink anyway. "It wasn't a riot," said one student. "It was for a cause… we were just paying reverence."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- How Captain America won over China
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week