eventy-five students at a Maryland high school were suspended for wearing pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Friendly High School's principal had cancelled the school's annual "Pink Out," saying the event violated the school's uniform policy and would cause security concerns, but students wore pink anyway. "It wasn't a riot," said one student. "It was for a cause… we were just paying reverence."
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- The secrets of happy families
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- President Obama snapped a selfie during Nelson Mandela's memorial service
- Why America's new love affair with saving is not great economic news
- Why you shouldn't expect a Tea Party primary wave in 2014
Subscribe to the Week