A middle-school football coach in Oregon was fired for planning a team dinner at a local Hooters. Randall Burbach planned on taking the 12- to 14-year-old boys on his team to the infamous restaurant chain, which is known for its scantily-clad waitresses, and was fired when he refused to bow to pressure to move the dinner elsewhere. "I believe this is a fine venue," he said. "If you have a dirty mind, you'll find dirt."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week