A middle-school football coach in Oregon was fired for planning a team dinner at a local Hooters. Randall Burbach planned on taking the 12- to 14-year-old boys on his team to the infamous restaurant chain, which is known for its scantily-clad waitresses, and was fired when he refused to bow to pressure to move the dinner elsewhere. "I believe this is a fine venue," he said. "If you have a dirty mind, you'll find dirt."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week