A middle-school football coach in Oregon was fired for planning a team dinner at a local Hooters. Randall Burbach planned on taking the 12- to 14-year-old boys on his team to the infamous restaurant chain, which is known for its scantily-clad waitresses, and was fired when he refused to bow to pressure to move the dinner elsewhere. "I believe this is a fine venue," he said. "If you have a dirty mind, you'll find dirt."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week