A middle-school football coach in Oregon was fired for planning a team dinner at a local Hooters. Randall Burbach planned on taking the 12- to 14-year-old boys on his team to the infamous restaurant chain, which is known for its scantily-clad waitresses, and was fired when he refused to bow to pressure to move the dinner elsewhere. "I believe this is a fine venue," he said. "If you have a dirty mind, you'll find dirt."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week