A middle-school football coach in Oregon was fired for planning a team dinner at a local Hooters. Randall Burbach planned on taking the 12- to 14-year-old boys on his team to the infamous restaurant chain, which is known for its scantily-clad waitresses, and was fired when he refused to bow to pressure to move the dinner elsewhere. "I believe this is a fine venue," he said. "If you have a dirty mind, you'll find dirt."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week