A Texas man was jailed for failing to return a library book he checked out in 2010. Copperas Cove law allows police to arrest anyone who has not returned an overdue book within 90 days. "Nobody wants to get arrested over a library book," said Municipal Court Judge Bill Price. "[But] people that go to our library and can't have these materials, they're put out too."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Summer movie guide: All the films you should see in August
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
Subscribe to the Week