A student in a ninja Halloween costume caused a panicked lockdown at Central Connecticut State University. Senior David Kyem triggered reports of an "armed" intruder when he returned to campus in his costume, with a mask over his face and a sword strapped to his backpack. The lockdown ended after three hours, and Kyem was arrested and charged with breach of peace.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week