A student in a ninja Halloween costume caused a panicked lockdown at Central Connecticut State University. Senior David Kyem triggered reports of an "armed" intruder when he returned to campus in his costume, with a mask over his face and a sword strapped to his backpack. The lockdown ended after three hours, and Kyem was arrested and charged with breach of peace.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
- Is China entering its own military quagmire abroad?
Subscribe to the Week