A student in a ninja Halloween costume caused a panicked lockdown at Central Connecticut State University. Senior David Kyem triggered reports of an "armed" intruder when he returned to campus in his costume, with a mask over his face and a sword strapped to his backpack. The lockdown ended after three hours, and Kyem was arrested and charged with breach of peace.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week