"To expect an individual to shave a perfect goatee by hand every morning" is unrealistic, yet society demands it, said Thomas Wade-West at Trendhunter. Men with goatees aren't known as conformists, but the GoateeSaver ($20) can at least help them conform with less fuss. This plastic shaving template helps ensure a goatee comes out clean-lined and symmetrical every time. Before shaving, you simply place the inserts in your mouth, bite down to hold the device in place, and adjust the side rollers to the width of your goatee. "While strange at first," the process works, even on days when your hand is less than steady.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- When will the Big One strike California?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week