"To expect an individual to shave a perfect goatee by hand every morning" is unrealistic, yet society demands it, said Thomas Wade-West at Trendhunter. Men with goatees aren't known as conformists, but the GoateeSaver ($20) can at least help them conform with less fuss. This plastic shaving template helps ensure a goatee comes out clean-lined and symmetrical every time. Before shaving, you simply place the inserts in your mouth, bite down to hold the device in place, and adjust the side rollers to the width of your goatee. "While strange at first," the process works, even on days when your hand is less than steady.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week