"To expect an individual to shave a perfect goatee by hand every morning" is unrealistic, yet society demands it, said Thomas Wade-West at Trendhunter. Men with goatees aren't known as conformists, but the GoateeSaver ($20) can at least help them conform with less fuss. This plastic shaving template helps ensure a goatee comes out clean-lined and symmetrical every time. Before shaving, you simply place the inserts in your mouth, bite down to hold the device in place, and adjust the side rollers to the width of your goatee. "While strange at first," the process works, even on days when your hand is less than steady.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week