"To expect an individual to shave a perfect goatee by hand every morning" is unrealistic, yet society demands it, said Thomas Wade-West at Trendhunter. Men with goatees aren't known as conformists, but the GoateeSaver ($20) can at least help them conform with less fuss. This plastic shaving template helps ensure a goatee comes out clean-lined and symmetrical every time. Before shaving, you simply place the inserts in your mouth, bite down to hold the device in place, and adjust the side rollers to the width of your goatee. "While strange at first," the process works, even on days when your hand is less than steady.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Stop hating on cyclists
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week