Three New York teens were arrested for loitering while they were waiting for their bus. A Rochester, N.Y., police officer told the boys, who were waiting to be taken to a basketball game, that they were acting disorderly and obstructing the sidewalk. The boys' basketball coach is outraged. "They did what they were supposed to do and yet they got arrested," he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
Subscribe to the Week