Three New York teens were arrested for loitering while they were waiting for their bus. A Rochester, N.Y., police officer told the boys, who were waiting to be taken to a basketball game, that they were acting disorderly and obstructing the sidewalk. The boys' basketball coach is outraged. "They did what they were supposed to do and yet they got arrested," he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 'Tis the season for archaic English
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The best books we read in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week