Three New York teens were arrested for loitering while they were waiting for their bus. A Rochester, N.Y., police officer told the boys, who were waiting to be taken to a basketball game, that they were acting disorderly and obstructing the sidewalk. The boys' basketball coach is outraged. "They did what they were supposed to do and yet they got arrested," he said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week