Bellevue College in Washington state now offers applicants seven different options for their gender: "feminine, masculine, androgynous, transgender, gender neutral, other, and prefer not to say." The college says the question will help it create better services and classes for gender-variant students.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Ban PowerPoint!
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week