Bellevue College in Washington state now offers applicants seven different options for their gender: "feminine, masculine, androgynous, transgender, gender neutral, other, and prefer not to say." The college says the question will help it create better services and classes for gender-variant students.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week