Bellevue College in Washington state now offers applicants seven different options for their gender: "feminine, masculine, androgynous, transgender, gender neutral, other, and prefer not to say." The college says the question will help it create better services and classes for gender-variant students.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week