A Minnesota man was charged with disorderly conduct for "making it snow" dollar bills on Mall of America shoppers, causing a ruckus as people raced to grab the bills. Serge Vorobyov says he dropped his last $1,000 in singles on shoppers as a statement of gratitude for being alive, despite his having a horrible year. "I wanted to do some sort of pay-it-forward kind of thing," he said. "I don't see how holiday cheer is disorderly conduct."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Surviving a plane crash
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
Subscribe to the Week