A Minnesota man was charged with disorderly conduct for "making it snow" dollar bills on Mall of America shoppers, causing a ruckus as people raced to grab the bills. Serge Vorobyov says he dropped his last $1,000 in singles on shoppers as a statement of gratitude for being alive, despite his having a horrible year. "I wanted to do some sort of pay-it-forward kind of thing," he said. "I don't see how holiday cheer is disorderly conduct."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
Subscribe to the Week