A Minnesota man was charged with disorderly conduct for "making it snow" dollar bills on Mall of America shoppers, causing a ruckus as people raced to grab the bills. Serge Vorobyov says he dropped his last $1,000 in singles on shoppers as a statement of gratitude for being alive, despite his having a horrible year. "I wanted to do some sort of pay-it-forward kind of thing," he said. "I don't see how holiday cheer is disorderly conduct."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week