Minnesota man was charged with disorderly conduct for "making it snow" dollar bills on Mall of America shoppers, causing a ruckus as people raced to grab the bills. Serge Vorobyov says he dropped his last $1,000 in singles on shoppers as a statement of gratitude for being alive, despite his having a horrible year. "I wanted to do some sort of pay-it-forward kind of thing," he said. "I don't see how holiday cheer is disorderly conduct."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week