A member of Kentucky's House of Representatives accidentally fired a gun in her government office while unloading it. "I'm a gun owner. It happens," explained Rep. Leslie Combs, noting that due to her training in gun safety, another legislator in the office was not hit. "I was particularly careful," she said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
Subscribe to the Week