A member of Kentucky's House of Representatives accidentally fired a gun in her government office while unloading it. "I'm a gun owner. It happens," explained Rep. Leslie Combs, noting that due to her training in gun safety, another legislator in the office was not hit. "I was particularly careful," she said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week