In honor of Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln's birthdays, an Oregon GOP group is raffling off an AR-15 rifle. Despite the fact that both men were killed by guns, Multomah County GOP Chairman Jeff Reynolds says the raffle will "reaffirm our strong defense of the Second Amendment and the right to personal protection."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
Subscribe to the Week