In honor of Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln's birthdays, an Oregon GOP group is raffling off an AR-15 rifle. Despite the fact that both men were killed by guns, Multomah County GOP Chairman Jeff Reynolds says the raffle will "reaffirm our strong defense of the Second Amendment and the right to personal protection."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week