n honor of Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln's birthdays, an Oregon GOP group is raffling off an AR-15 rifle. Despite the fact that both men were killed by guns, Multomah County GOP Chairman Jeff Reynolds says the raffle will "reaffirm our strong defense of the Second Amendment and the right to personal protection."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Captain America won over China
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week