n honor of Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln's birthdays, an Oregon GOP group is raffling off an AR-15 rifle. Despite the fact that both men were killed by guns, Multomah County GOP Chairman Jeff Reynolds says the raffle will "reaffirm our strong defense of the Second Amendment and the right to personal protection."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- The best movies to watch in theaters this month
- Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?
Subscribe to the Week