A Michigan public school banned an autistic 8-year-old boy from bringing his Bible to class. Jason Cross likes to read the Bible during free time, his mom said, but officials at Highview Elementary told him that the book is "only for church, not for school." Only when a reporter called did the superintendent reverse the policy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week