Michigan public school banned an autistic 8-year-old boy from bringing his Bible to class. Jason Cross likes to read the Bible during free time, his mom said, but officials at Highview Elementary told him that the book is "only for church, not for school." Only when a reporter called did the superintendent reverse the policy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week