A Michigan public school banned an autistic 8-year-old boy from bringing his Bible to class. Jason Cross likes to read the Bible during free time, his mom said, but officials at Highview Elementary told him that the book is "only for church, not for school." Only when a reporter called did the superintendent reverse the policy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week