A Michigan public school banned an autistic 8-year-old boy from bringing his Bible to class. Jason Cross likes to read the Bible during free time, his mom said, but officials at Highview Elementary told him that the book is "only for church, not for school." Only when a reporter called did the superintendent reverse the policy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week