A Florida man has set up a legal shooting range in his backyard in a residential neighborhood. Doug Varrieur's neighbors in Big Pine Key have complained about the noise and fear stray bullets, but Sheriff Rick Ramsay says he was chagrined to find out that state law permits shooting practice on private property. "It's almost the Wild West again, when we go back to firing wherever you want," Ramsay said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- This Indian meal service is so efficient it's the envy of FedEx
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
Subscribe to the Week