Are you a coffee lover who hates having to ever look at a coffee machine? The Scanomat TopBrewer ($11,000) hides all the mechanical mess under a counter so that all you see is a swan-necked custom faucet. Designed by a Danish inventor who spent almost $25 million on development, the system takes orders via a mobile-phone app. Choose espresso, cappuccino, or latte — at the exact blends and temperatures of your choosing — and your cup will be filled in about 15 seconds.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 simple steps for making millions on a crappy horror movie
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week