Are you a coffee lover who hates having to ever look at a coffee machine? The Scanomat TopBrewer ($11,000) hides all the mechanical mess under a counter so that all you see is a swan-necked custom faucet. Designed by a Danish inventor who spent almost $25 million on development, the system takes orders via a mobile-phone app. Choose espresso, cappuccino, or latte — at the exact blends and temperatures of your choosing — and your cup will be filled in about 15 seconds.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week