re you a coffee lover who hates having to ever look at a coffee machine? The Scanomat TopBrewer ($11,000) hides all the mechanical mess under a counter so that all you see is a swan-necked custom faucet. Designed by a Danish inventor who spent almost $25 million on development, the system takes orders via a mobile-phone app. Choose espresso, cappuccino, or latte — at the exact blends and temperatures of your choosing — and your cup will be filled in about 15 seconds.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week