re you a coffee lover who hates having to ever look at a coffee machine? The Scanomat TopBrewer ($11,000) hides all the mechanical mess under a counter so that all you see is a swan-necked custom faucet. Designed by a Danish inventor who spent almost $25 million on development, the system takes orders via a mobile-phone app. Choose espresso, cappuccino, or latte — at the exact blends and temperatures of your choosing — and your cup will be filled in about 15 seconds.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
Subscribe to the Week