Are you a coffee lover who hates having to ever look at a coffee machine? The Scanomat TopBrewer ($11,000) hides all the mechanical mess under a counter so that all you see is a swan-necked custom faucet. Designed by a Danish inventor who spent almost $25 million on development, the system takes orders via a mobile-phone app. Choose espresso, cappuccino, or latte — at the exact blends and temperatures of your choosing — and your cup will be filled in about 15 seconds.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Why insects are the future of food
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Behind the newest attempt to get the Supreme Court to strike down affirmative action
Subscribe to the Week