After years of planning, an Ohio man got his wish to be buried atop his motorcycle. Bill Standley, 82, made extensive arrangements before his death to be laid to rest in a plexiglass casket while straddling his Harley-Davidson. "This was his dream," said his daughter of the burial arrangements.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- A brief history of the Guy Fawkes mask
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why we gossip, according to science
Subscribe to the Week