ealth officials in Madison County, Ill., shut down an 11-year-old girl's cupcake business for not following laws regulating food establishments. Sixth-grader Chloe Stirling, who makes about $200 per month selling cupcakes, was told she would need to set up her own kitchen to continue her business. "A separate kitchen? Obviously we can't do that," said Chloe's frustrated mother, Heather Stirling.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week