Florida teacher was suspended for assigning explicit rap lyrics to her students as homework. The eighth-grade teacher printed out lyrics to Lil Wayne's "6 Foot 7 Foot," which feature racial slurs and sexual imagery, and asked students to underline examples of figurative language. Parents were outraged. "It's telling the kids it's okay to swear," said one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
Subscribe to the Week