ellesley College students are demanding the removal from campus of a realistic sculpture of a paunchy, balding man sleepwalking in his underwear. Students say the statue is "traumatizing" and could "trigger" memories of sexual assault. Lisa Fischman, director of the campus art museum, said the statue depicts a vulnerable, pathetic stranger, and has succeeded in sparking "an impassioned conversation about art, gender, [and] sexuality."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Captain America won over China
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week