At last a technological solution to your partner's loud snoring: the Snore Activated Nudging Pillow. The contoured cushion conceals a motorized air bladder that inflates by about 3 inches anytime the built-in microphone picks up the sound of snoring. That's "just enough movement," retailer Hammacher Schlemmer says, to encourage the snorer to shift positions — hopefully to a less resonant one. The pillow has to be plugged in, and it costs a hefty $150. But "if it works well enough to keep you from fleeing to the couch for some peace and quiet, it could put the fun back in sleepovers," says Anita Hamilton at TIME.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
Subscribe to the Week