At last a technological solution to your partner's loud snoring: the Snore Activated Nudging Pillow. The contoured cushion conceals a motorized air bladder that inflates by about 3 inches anytime the built-in microphone picks up the sound of snoring. That's "just enough movement," retailer Hammacher Schlemmer says, to encourage the snorer to shift positions — hopefully to a less resonant one. The pillow has to be plugged in, and it costs a hefty $150. But "if it works well enough to keep you from fleeing to the couch for some peace and quiet, it could put the fun back in sleepovers," says Anita Hamilton at TIME.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week