At last a technological solution to your partner's loud snoring: the Snore Activated Nudging Pillow. The contoured cushion conceals a motorized air bladder that inflates by about 3 inches anytime the built-in microphone picks up the sound of snoring. That's "just enough movement," retailer Hammacher Schlemmer says, to encourage the snorer to shift positions — hopefully to a less resonant one. The pillow has to be plugged in, and it costs a hefty $150. But "if it works well enough to keep you from fleeing to the couch for some peace and quiet, it could put the fun back in sleepovers," says Anita Hamilton at TIME.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week