At last a technological solution to your partner's loud snoring: the Snore Activated Nudging Pillow. The contoured cushion conceals a motorized air bladder that inflates by about 3 inches anytime the built-in microphone picks up the sound of snoring. That's "just enough movement," retailer Hammacher Schlemmer says, to encourage the snorer to shift positions — hopefully to a less resonant one. The pillow has to be plugged in, and it costs a hefty $150. But "if it works well enough to keep you from fleeing to the couch for some peace and quiet, it could put the fun back in sleepovers," says Anita Hamilton at TIME.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
Subscribe to the Week