At last a technological solution to your partner's loud snoring: the Snore Activated Nudging Pillow. The contoured cushion conceals a motorized air bladder that inflates by about 3 inches anytime the built-in microphone picks up the sound of snoring. That's "just enough movement," retailer Hammacher Schlemmer says, to encourage the snorer to shift positions — hopefully to a less resonant one. The pillow has to be plugged in, and it costs a hefty $150. But "if it works well enough to keep you from fleeing to the couch for some peace and quiet, it could put the fun back in sleepovers," says Anita Hamilton at TIME.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week