Throw a snowball, get arrested
A teen is arrested for throwing a snowball at a cop — and more in our collection of strange revelations about the nation
A 13-year-old Chicago boy was arrested and charged with a felony for throwing a snowball at a police officer. "It's just going overboard," said Latonya Powell, who works on the block where the incident occurred. "This is a case of kids being kids."
Samantha Rollins is TheWeek.com's news editor. She has previously worked for The New York Times and TIME and is a graduate of Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
Subscribe to the Week