Throw a snowball, get arrested
A teen is arrested for throwing a snowball at a cop — and more in our collection of strange revelations about the nation
A 13-year-old Chicago boy was arrested and charged with a felony for throwing a snowball at a police officer. "It's just going overboard," said Latonya Powell, who works on the block where the incident occurred. "This is a case of kids being kids."
Samantha Rollins is TheWeek.com's news editor. She has previously worked for The New York Times and TIME and is a graduate of Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week