Throw a snowball, get arrested
A teen is arrested for throwing a snowball at a cop — and more in our collection of strange revelations about the nation
A 13-year-old Chicago boy was arrested and charged with a felony for throwing a snowball at a police officer. "It's just going overboard," said Latonya Powell, who works on the block where the incident occurred. "This is a case of kids being kids."
Samantha Rollins is TheWeek.com's news editor. She has previously worked for The New York Times and TIME and is a graduate of Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The girl who wouldn't die
Subscribe to the Week