Throw a snowball, get arrested
A teen is arrested for throwing a snowball at a cop — and more in our collection of strange revelations about the nation
A 13-year-old Chicago boy was arrested and charged with a felony for throwing a snowball at a police officer. "It's just going overboard," said Latonya Powell, who works on the block where the incident occurred. "This is a case of kids being kids."
Samantha Rollins is TheWeek.com's news editor. She has previously worked for The New York Times and TIME and is a graduate of Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week