Some Brooklyn hipsters with patchy beards are getting facial-hair transplants to give them fashionable, lumberjack-style beards. Full beards have become "an important male identifier," said Dr. Jeffrey Epstein, a plastic surgeon who performs the $8,000 transplants. "One of the best investments I've ever made," a now full-bearded customer told the New York Post.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
Subscribe to the Week