Some Brooklyn hipsters with patchy beards are getting facial-hair transplants to give them fashionable, lumberjack-style beards. Full beards have become "an important male identifier," said Dr. Jeffrey Epstein, a plastic surgeon who performs the $8,000 transplants. "One of the best investments I've ever made," a now full-bearded customer told the New York Post.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The psychology of bribery and corruption
- Epigenetics: How our experiences affect our offspring
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Meet the 11 condoms of the future selected by Bill Gates
Subscribe to the Week