Some Brooklyn hipsters with patchy beards are getting facial-hair transplants to give them fashionable, lumberjack-style beards. Full beards have become "an important male identifier," said Dr. Jeffrey Epstein, a plastic surgeon who performs the $8,000 transplants. "One of the best investments I've ever made," a now full-bearded customer told the New York Post.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The mysterious origins of the Jersey Devil
Subscribe to the Week