Some Brooklyn hipsters with patchy beards are getting facial-hair transplants to give them fashionable, lumberjack-style beards. Full beards have become "an important male identifier," said Dr. Jeffrey Epstein, a plastic surgeon who performs the $8,000 transplants. "One of the best investments I've ever made," a now full-bearded customer told the New York Post.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week