A Parisian fashion company has come up with a permanent cure for slouching. The Up T-Shirt, from Up Couture, incorporates elastic fabric across the shoulders in such a way that good posture is rewarded by greater comfort. A lot of extra sewing is required, so prices are steep (starting at $145) even for Up Couture's simplest men's and women's tees. "Of course, depending upon how badly you find yourself hunching over during the day, the price tag might well be worth it," said John Brownlee at Fast Company. Not only could an Up shirt stop your mother's nagging about slouching, it could save you from years of back pain.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
Subscribe to the Week