A Parisian fashion company has come up with a permanent cure for slouching. The Up T-Shirt, from Up Couture, incorporates elastic fabric across the shoulders in such a way that good posture is rewarded by greater comfort. A lot of extra sewing is required, so prices are steep (starting at $145) even for Up Couture's simplest men's and women's tees. "Of course, depending upon how badly you find yourself hunching over during the day, the price tag might well be worth it," said John Brownlee at Fast Company. Not only could an Up shirt stop your mother's nagging about slouching, it could save you from years of back pain.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The girl who wouldn't die
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- California's epic drought
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week