A Parisian fashion company has come up with a permanent cure for slouching. The Up T-Shirt, from Up Couture, incorporates elastic fabric across the shoulders in such a way that good posture is rewarded by greater comfort. A lot of extra sewing is required, so prices are steep (starting at $145) even for Up Couture's simplest men's and women's tees. "Of course, depending upon how badly you find yourself hunching over during the day, the price tag might well be worth it," said John Brownlee at Fast Company. Not only could an Up shirt stop your mother's nagging about slouching, it could save you from years of back pain.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week