A Parisian fashion company has come up with a permanent cure for slouching. The Up T-Shirt, from Up Couture, incorporates elastic fabric across the shoulders in such a way that good posture is rewarded by greater comfort. A lot of extra sewing is required, so prices are steep (starting at $145) even for Up Couture's simplest men's and women's tees. "Of course, depending upon how badly you find yourself hunching over during the day, the price tag might well be worth it," said John Brownlee at Fast Company. Not only could an Up shirt stop your mother's nagging about slouching, it could save you from years of back pain.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week