A Parisian fashion company has come up with a permanent cure for slouching. The Up T-Shirt, from Up Couture, incorporates elastic fabric across the shoulders in such a way that good posture is rewarded by greater comfort. A lot of extra sewing is required, so prices are steep (starting at $145) even for Up Couture's simplest men's and women's tees. "Of course, depending upon how badly you find yourself hunching over during the day, the price tag might well be worth it," said John Brownlee at Fast Company. Not only could an Up shirt stop your mother's nagging about slouching, it could save you from years of back pain.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week