A Florida teen cost her father the $80,000 he won in an age-discrimination lawsuit when she gloated about it on Facebook, thus violating the settlement's confidentiality clause. The private school that fired her father, a headmaster, was "officially paying for my vacation to Europe," Dana Snay, 19, posted on Facebook. "SUCK IT." A court then rescinded the settlement.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week