A Florida teen cost her father the $80,000 he won in an age-discrimination lawsuit when she gloated about it on Facebook, thus violating the settlement's confidentiality clause. The private school that fired her father, a headmaster, was "officially paying for my vacation to Europe," Dana Snay, 19, posted on Facebook. "SUCK IT." A court then rescinded the settlement.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week