A Florida teen cost her father the $80,000 he won in an age-discrimination lawsuit when she gloated about it on Facebook, thus violating the settlement's confidentiality clause. The private school that fired her father, a headmaster, was "officially paying for my vacation to Europe," Dana Snay, 19, posted on Facebook. "SUCK IT." A court then rescinded the settlement.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
Subscribe to the Week