A Florida teen cost her father the $80,000 he won in an age-discrimination lawsuit when she gloated about it on Facebook, thus violating the settlement's confidentiality clause. The private school that fired her father, a headmaster, was "officially paying for my vacation to Europe," Dana Snay, 19, posted on Facebook. "SUCK IT." A court then rescinded the settlement.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Girls on Film: 5 essential World War II movies directed by women
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week