A Texas high school student was suspended after he accidentally packed a beer can in his lunch. Chaz Seale says he thought he was packing a soda can, and turned the beer in to a teacher. But officials sent him to an alternative school for two months. "I gave it to the teacher thinking I wouldn’t get in trouble," Seale said, "and I got in trouble."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week