A Texas high school student was suspended after he accidentally packed a beer can in his lunch. Chaz Seale says he thought he was packing a soda can, and turned the beer in to a teacher. But officials sent him to an alternative school for two months. "I gave it to the teacher thinking I wouldn’t get in trouble," Seale said, "and I got in trouble."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week