A Texas high school student was suspended after he accidentally packed a beer can in his lunch. Chaz Seale says he thought he was packing a soda can, and turned the beer in to a teacher. But officials sent him to an alternative school for two months. "I gave it to the teacher thinking I wouldn’t get in trouble," Seale said, "and I got in trouble."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week