A Texas high school student was suspended after he accidentally packed a beer can in his lunch. Chaz Seale says he thought he was packing a soda can, and turned the beer in to a teacher. But officials sent him to an alternative school for two months. "I gave it to the teacher thinking I wouldn’t get in trouble," Seale said, "and I got in trouble."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The week's best photojournalism
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
Subscribe to the Week