A Texas high school student was suspended after he accidentally packed a beer can in his lunch. Chaz Seale says he thought he was packing a soda can, and turned the beer in to a teacher. But officials sent him to an alternative school for two months. "I gave it to the teacher thinking I wouldn’t get in trouble," Seale said, "and I got in trouble."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
Subscribe to the Week