A new app called Spritz is promising to help readers gradually increase their pace — up to 1,000 words per minute — by stripping out "the inconvenience of scrolling, swiping, squinting, and pinching to read on your devices," said Angela Moscaritolo at PCMag. The app flashes words one at a time on a user's device, eliminating time-consuming eye movement and allowing "the brain to focus on each word, promoting faster reading and higher information retention." Spritz will debut the mobile app on Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S5 smartphone and Gear 2 smartwatch (an iOS version is planned, too).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week