A Colorado man who was rescued from his overturned car during a flood last year is suing the first responders who saved his life. Roy Ortiz, who was trapped in floodwaters for two hours before divers freed him, says rescuers should have gotten to him sooner. "I'm really happy to be alive," said Ortiz, "but I'm looking for some help in paying my bills." He wants $500,000 for his injuries and "emotional distress."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The NFL is terrified of the culture war
Subscribe to the Week