A Colorado man who was rescued from his overturned car during a flood last year is suing the first responders who saved his life. Roy Ortiz, who was trapped in floodwaters for two hours before divers freed him, says rescuers should have gotten to him sooner. "I'm really happy to be alive," said Ortiz, "but I'm looking for some help in paying my bills." He wants $500,000 for his injuries and "emotional distress."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week