"If you locked Bobby Flay and the Michelin Man in the same room and forced them to invent things," they might dream up something a lot like the Front Runner Spare Tire Mount BBQ Grate ($125), said UrbanDaddy. The collapsible, stainless-steel grill fits "seamlessly" over the spare tire in most vehicles, turning your ride into an ever-ready tailgate party. When the urge to grill steaks or ribs hits you, just fold down the legs and set the grate over an open fire. And if there's no open fire, good news: "The whole thing doubles as a table."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week