"If you locked Bobby Flay and the Michelin Man in the same room and forced them to invent things," they might dream up something a lot like the Front Runner Spare Tire Mount BBQ Grate ($125), said UrbanDaddy. The collapsible, stainless-steel grill fits "seamlessly" over the spare tire in most vehicles, turning your ride into an ever-ready tailgate party. When the urge to grill steaks or ribs hits you, just fold down the legs and set the grate over an open fire. And if there's no open fire, good news: "The whole thing doubles as a table."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
Subscribe to the Week