"In lieu of searching for an endless summer," said Jordan Kushins at Gizmodo, New Hampshire surfers have developed the Surf Sauna (from $16,400), a mobile sauna that can be hauled by trailer anywhere a good steaming might add to a weekend's pleasures. Custom-built from rot-resistant red cedar and marine-grade stainless steel, the six-person sauna is warmed by a propane stove and includes racks for surfboards and a shovel. Order for purchase now or stay tuned for rental Surf Saunas, which will cost about $190 a day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- America's most surprising banned books
Subscribe to the Week