"In lieu of searching for an endless summer," said Jordan Kushins at Gizmodo, New Hampshire surfers have developed the Surf Sauna (from $16,400), a mobile sauna that can be hauled by trailer anywhere a good steaming might add to a weekend's pleasures. Custom-built from rot-resistant red cedar and marine-grade stainless steel, the six-person sauna is warmed by a propane stove and includes racks for surfboards and a shovel. Order for purchase now or stay tuned for rental Surf Saunas, which will cost about $190 a day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week