"In lieu of searching for an endless summer," said Jordan Kushins at Gizmodo, New Hampshire surfers have developed the Surf Sauna (from $16,400), a mobile sauna that can be hauled by trailer anywhere a good steaming might add to a weekend's pleasures. Custom-built from rot-resistant red cedar and marine-grade stainless steel, the six-person sauna is warmed by a propane stove and includes racks for surfboards and a shovel. Order for purchase now or stay tuned for rental Surf Saunas, which will cost about $190 a day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week