"In lieu of searching for an endless summer," said Jordan Kushins at Gizmodo, New Hampshire surfers have developed the Surf Sauna (from $16,400), a mobile sauna that can be hauled by trailer anywhere a good steaming might add to a weekend's pleasures. Custom-built from rot-resistant red cedar and marine-grade stainless steel, the six-person sauna is warmed by a propane stove and includes racks for surfboards and a shovel. Order for purchase now or stay tuned for rental Surf Saunas, which will cost about $190 a day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week