Tired of listening to friends who are a bit too proud of having made their own beer? The Clawhammer Supply Moonshine Kit (from $149) is your chance to show them up. Their hobby arguably requires some chemistry smarts; "yours takes chemical and mechanical prowess" — because these stills don't exactly build themselves. Fortunately, Clawhammer's website walks customers through the entire process, from construction to legal considerations to finally distilling your first batch of hootch. To get started, "all you need is a plumbing torch, soldering tools, and a free afternoon."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week