Tired of listening to friends who are a bit too proud of having made their own beer? The Clawhammer Supply Moonshine Kit (from $149) is your chance to show them up. Their hobby arguably requires some chemistry smarts; "yours takes chemical and mechanical prowess" — because these stills don't exactly build themselves. Fortunately, Clawhammer's website walks customers through the entire process, from construction to legal considerations to finally distilling your first batch of hootch. To get started, "all you need is a plumbing torch, soldering tools, and a free afternoon."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week