Tired of listening to friends who are a bit too proud of having made their own beer? The Clawhammer Supply Moonshine Kit (from $149) is your chance to show them up. Their hobby arguably requires some chemistry smarts; "yours takes chemical and mechanical prowess" — because these stills don't exactly build themselves. Fortunately, Clawhammer's website walks customers through the entire process, from construction to legal considerations to finally distilling your first batch of hootch. To get started, "all you need is a plumbing torch, soldering tools, and a free afternoon."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
Subscribe to the Week