Tired of listening to friends who are a bit too proud of having made their own beer? The Clawhammer Supply Moonshine Kit (from $149) is your chance to show them up. Their hobby arguably requires some chemistry smarts; "yours takes chemical and mechanical prowess" — because these stills don't exactly build themselves. Fortunately, Clawhammer's website walks customers through the entire process, from construction to legal considerations to finally distilling your first batch of hootch. To get started, "all you need is a plumbing torch, soldering tools, and a free afternoon."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What these custom, 3D-printed earphones say about the future of consumer technology
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week