British startup Berg just released Cloudwash, an internet-connected washing machine. Berg's device focuses on simple interfaces that give users one-touch access to frequently used wash cycles, said Kyle VanHemert at Wired. The machine also syncs with an iPhone app, which allows washers to start a load remotely and provides notifications when the cycle is finished. And if you forget to pick up detergent, don't worry: The Cloudwash allows users to purchase soap and other supplies from Amazon.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week