British startup Berg just released Cloudwash, an internet-connected washing machine. Berg's device focuses on simple interfaces that give users one-touch access to frequently used wash cycles, said Kyle VanHemert at Wired. The machine also syncs with an iPhone app, which allows washers to start a load remotely and provides notifications when the cycle is finished. And if you forget to pick up detergent, don't worry: The Cloudwash allows users to purchase soap and other supplies from Amazon.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week