British startup Berg just released Cloudwash, an internet-connected washing machine. Berg's device focuses on simple interfaces that give users one-touch access to frequently used wash cycles, said Kyle VanHemert at Wired. The machine also syncs with an iPhone app, which allows washers to start a load remotely and provides notifications when the cycle is finished. And if you forget to pick up detergent, don't worry: The Cloudwash allows users to purchase soap and other supplies from Amazon.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week