The CasaBubble (from $6,999) "lets you sleep under the stars, but with the comforts of being indoors," said Mary Beth Breckenridge at the Akron Beacon Journal. Made from a durable, UV-resistant plastic, each inflatable sphere sets up in about 50 minutes, and is kept erect by a fan that also circulates fresh air. The bubbles range in size from an 11-foot-wide sleeper to a 26-foot-wide party space, and can be linked to opaque additions equipped with a toilet or a shower. Think of the CasaBubble as "an upscale tent" — one that cocoons you in relative quiet but surrounds you with nature's splendor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week