The CasaBubble (from $6,999) "lets you sleep under the stars, but with the comforts of being indoors," said Mary Beth Breckenridge at the Akron Beacon Journal. Made from a durable, UV-resistant plastic, each inflatable sphere sets up in about 50 minutes, and is kept erect by a fan that also circulates fresh air. The bubbles range in size from an 11-foot-wide sleeper to a 26-foot-wide party space, and can be linked to opaque additions equipped with a toilet or a shower. Think of the CasaBubble as "an upscale tent" — one that cocoons you in relative quiet but surrounds you with nature's splendor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week