The CasaBubble (from $6,999) "lets you sleep under the stars, but with the comforts of being indoors," said Mary Beth Breckenridge at the Akron Beacon Journal. Made from a durable, UV-resistant plastic, each inflatable sphere sets up in about 50 minutes, and is kept erect by a fan that also circulates fresh air. The bubbles range in size from an 11-foot-wide sleeper to a 26-foot-wide party space, and can be linked to opaque additions equipped with a toilet or a shower. Think of the CasaBubble as "an upscale tent" — one that cocoons you in relative quiet but surrounds you with nature's splendor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week