The CasaBubble (from $6,999) "lets you sleep under the stars, but with the comforts of being indoors," said Mary Beth Breckenridge at the Akron Beacon Journal. Made from a durable, UV-resistant plastic, each inflatable sphere sets up in about 50 minutes, and is kept erect by a fan that also circulates fresh air. The bubbles range in size from an 11-foot-wide sleeper to a 26-foot-wide party space, and can be linked to opaque additions equipped with a toilet or a shower. Think of the CasaBubble as "an upscale tent" — one that cocoons you in relative quiet but surrounds you with nature's splendor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Crossword solution - December 26, 2014 issue
Subscribe to the Week