The CasaBubble (from $6,999) "lets you sleep under the stars, but with the comforts of being indoors," said Mary Beth Breckenridge at the Akron Beacon Journal. Made from a durable, UV-resistant plastic, each inflatable sphere sets up in about 50 minutes, and is kept erect by a fan that also circulates fresh air. The bubbles range in size from an 11-foot-wide sleeper to a 26-foot-wide party space, and can be linked to opaque additions equipped with a toilet or a shower. Think of the CasaBubble as "an upscale tent" — one that cocoons you in relative quiet but surrounds you with nature's splendor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week