A company called Kiwi Wearables has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a new accessory that can give your favorite watch "a brain transplant," said Steven Melendez at Fast Company. The device, called Glance, attaches to an existing timepiece's watchband and features a small OLED touchscreen to display notifications, and uses Bluetooth to connect with Android and iOS apps. Motion sensors help "listen for certain user movements," allowing developers to potentially integrate the device as a video game controller, a fitness tracker, or even a remote control operated via hand gestures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week