A company called Kiwi Wearables has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a new accessory that can give your favorite watch "a brain transplant," said Steven Melendez at Fast Company. The device, called Glance, attaches to an existing timepiece's watchband and features a small OLED touchscreen to display notifications, and uses Bluetooth to connect with Android and iOS apps. Motion sensors help "listen for certain user movements," allowing developers to potentially integrate the device as a video game controller, a fitness tracker, or even a remote control operated via hand gestures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
Subscribe to the Week