A company called Kiwi Wearables has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a new accessory that can give your favorite watch "a brain transplant," said Steven Melendez at Fast Company. The device, called Glance, attaches to an existing timepiece's watchband and features a small OLED touchscreen to display notifications, and uses Bluetooth to connect with Android and iOS apps. Motion sensors help "listen for certain user movements," allowing developers to potentially integrate the device as a video game controller, a fitness tracker, or even a remote control operated via hand gestures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week