An Arizona elementary school forced a 5-year-old kindergartner who pulled his pants down in the playground to sign a document admitting to "sexual misconduct." Erica Martinez has been fighting to have the sexual offense removed from her son's permanent record. "He's a 5-year-old," Martinez said. "He does not know right from wrong yet."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week