Four Danish men have invented "an environmentally friendly and altogether awesome alternative to your humble Igloo," said Adam Clark Estes at Gizmodo. The eCool ($369) is a beverage-storage system that makes use of the ground's natural coolness to chill up to two dozen 12-ounce beers or sodas. The cans are lowered by a vertical conveyor and pulled back up to a handy surface-level dispenser. "There's no electricity, no ice, and no mess involved — unless you consider the initial installation, which requires a shovel or a garden drill."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week